More and more people are looking to make lifestyle changes; whether for health benefits, costs, animal welfare concerns, or for personal reasons – eating veggie is increasing in appeal.
Vegetarian cooking doesn’t have to be boring! We want to share one of our favourite recipes that anyone can rustle up at home. It’s simple, it’s delicious – just make enough for second-round!
(The Best) Sweetcorn Flan Recipe
Serves: 4 to 6
500g Shortcrust pastry
175g Sweetcorn (drained from can)
75g Cheddar grated (extra for sprinkling on top)
125ml Evaporated milk
1 Tsp Wholegrain mustard
1 Tomato thinly sliced
1 Onion finely chopped
1 Pinch of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Roll out the pastry to line a 20cm/ 8” flan tin. Blind bake in the oven.
3. Fry onions in butter until soft and golden.
4. Beat egg, evaporated milk, mustard, and pepper together until blended.
5. Add cheese, sweetcorn, and onion. Mix well.
6. Spoon into pastry case and spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle cheese on top and place slices of tomato on top.
8. Bake in the centre of the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Best served hot or at room temperature.
Then gobble the whole lot.